A New Look for the Society Website
With technology opening so many new doors, there has never been a better time for history to be shared throughout the world. The St. John Historical Society Board of Directors is pleased and excited to announce the launch of our new website, complete with a blog, media library, online store, newsletter sign-up, links to our YouTube, SlideShare, and Facebook accounts, and more. We may be sharing history, but we’ve truly entered the modern world of technology. Our new website is beautifully designed, easy to navigate, and has all the wonderful content of our old site plus a whole lot more. We believe you’ll find it educational and entertaining while also providing a fascinating look at St. John through the ages.
We invite you to visit the site at www.stjohnhistoricalsociety.org and browse through the pages, media library, and articles. Here are a few highlights you’ll find on our new site:
- Read our Core Values that serve as the foundation for everything we do.
- Learn about the benefits of membership on our Join Us page.
- Meet our Board of Directors.
- Learn about our plans for the Cultural and Historic Resource Center; a permanent home for SJHS.
- Visit our Online Store, offering unique products and the convenience of online credit card payments.
- Visit our Blog with over 100 articles.
- Take a look at our photo galleries within our comprehensive media library.
- Check out our new SlideShare Account available through our website or directly from www.slideshare.net.
- Visit our new YouTube Channel. We’ll continue to add videos in the future.
Our state of the art website design will allow the Society to readily update, change and add content—thus assuring the site is up-to-date at all times and a resource to be relied on. Through our collections, publications, media, educational programs, field trips, special events, and now our state-of-the-art website, the Historical Society has been and continues to be the leading resource for discovering St. John Island. We encourage you to stay in touch as continued exciting plans and developments unfold. If you are not already a member, please take a moment to learn about and sign up for membership on our Join Us page. Membership fees and donations help support the work we do to document, preserve and share the history and heritage that so many community members and visitors love and enjoy. We hope you enjoy the new site!